According to a document from the Ministry of Shipping and Island Policy on a joint ministerial decision concerning the movement and embarkation of passengers on ships and measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19,
- Companies and vessels’ crews will check that passengers holding tickets and/or waiting to board ships are in possession of the valid medical certificates/documentation of vaccination, recovery or testing (PCR, rapid and self-test).
- Before issuing tickets, shipping agencies and travel agencies will check that passengers are in possession of the required certificates/documentation and perform an identity check, where possible, depending on the type of certificate/documentation that the passenger holds or should hold (vaccination, recovery or test [72 hours], rapid test [48 hours] or self-test [24 hours]), and the date of the scheduled journey.
- In cases where tickets are requested from shipping agencies and travel agencies for immediate boarding of a ship, according to the scheduled departure time, but the passenger does not hold or refuses to show the required medical certificate/documentation or to show proof of identity, then the shipping agent or the employee in question will not issue the tickets.
- When boarding a ship, in addition to presenting medical certificates/documentation, passengers will also be subject to an identity check by the officers/employees/crews of the companies and the officers of the Hellenic Coast Guard (during random checks), during which they will be required simply to show proof of their identity.
- Please note that passengers who do not hold the required medical certificates/documentation or who refuse to show proof of identity for cross-checking with their medical certificates/documentation, will not be permitted to board the ship, even if they have a ticket.
- Passengers who have obtained their tickets online (not through a shipping agency) and do not hold the required medical certificates/documentation or refuse to show proof of identity for cross-checking with their medical certificates/documentation will not be permitted to board the ship.
- In order to check the validity-authenticity of medical certificates/documentation, companies can use the app for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets which is available for download at https://covidfree.gov.gr.
- Similarly, and in conformity with the current legislation, shipping agencies and tourist offices issuing tickets for ships will check that passengers are in possession of the required medical certificates/documentation and will carry out an identity check, where possible, depending on the medical certificate/documentation held by the passenger, the date of issue of the tickets and the date of the scheduled journey.
Kallithea, October 11, 2021