In the framework of the implementation of the current legislative (article 18 § 7 of Law 4830/2021 / Official Gazette Issue A' 169/18.09.2021), passengers traveling with a Companion, Therapy or Assistance animal must necessarily declare the animal during the reservation / issuance of their tickets, in order to be recorded in the electronic reservation system.
Reservations and ticket issuance for companion animals cannot be made at this time from our website, please contact our reservation call center +30 210 8919800 or our network of agents.
In order to be able to register the animals, the issuing of tickets for them is mandatory and the ticket must carry the following information:
- "Animal Health Book Number or Passport Number"
- "Animal Marking Number"
- "Category of Animal" (eg Companion, Therapy, Assistance) *
- "Animal Size" (Large > 10 Kg or Small <= 10 Kg)
In addition, passengers / owners of the animal should always carry their recently updated health record and be responsible for their care, safety and hygiene during the journey.
Ticket issuing on board is not allowed, therefore, to avoid unnecessary inconvenience, passengers must make reservations and ticket issuing in time.
* It is clarified that based on Law 4830/2021 / Official Gazette Issue A' 169/18.09.2021 (Article 2 § 3, 4 & 5), it refers to:
3. "Pet": any animal kept or intended to be kept by humans mainly in their homes, for reasons of animal welfare. If articles of this law refer to specific companion animals, such as dogs and cats, then these are expressly mentioned. Assistance dogs, working dogs, and therapy animals are also companion animals. Wild animals cannot be kept as pets.
4. "Controlled companion animal": the companion animal that has an owner. Direct descendants of a controlled dog or cat are automatically defined as controlled animals owned by the owner of the female sire.
5.“Stray pet”: the pet that does not have an owner.