23/11/2016 - Attica Group awarded a “True Leader”
Attica Holdings SA (Attica Group), member of the Marfin Investment Group, was awarded a “True Leader” Group-Leader for a second consecutive year, during the ICAP “True Leader” Awards held on 16 November 2016 in the presence of Mr. S. Pitsiorlas, Deputy Minister of Economy and Development, and business executives of the most profitable business entities of Greece.
Since 2011, the ICAP Group, the only company recognised as a Credit Rating Agency by the Hellenic Capital Market Commission and the corresponding European authority ESMA (European Securities and Markets Authority), distinguishes Companies and Groups – Leaders, based on four measurable criteria, namely Profitability, Increase of Employees, high Credit Worthiness (ICAP Score) and Leading Position in their Industry.
Attica Group’s distinction as a “True Leader” means that for 2015 the Attica Group:
- Is included in the 200 most profitable Groups for 2015 leaping to 22nd place with €80.70 million EBITDA from 38th place in 2014.
- It is among the 200 Groups with the largest number of personnel, achieving 19.7% increase in the number of employees compared to 2014, i.e.1077 employees in 2015.
- It holds the leading position in its Industry based on its Turnover.
- It has a high ICAP Credit Score (Evaluation of Creditworthiness).
This distinction confirms Attica Group’s leading position in the Greek passenger shipping industry, as well as in the Greek business in general, as one of the country’s leading corporate Groups. The award was received by Mr. Spiros Paschalis, CEO of Attica Group, who after the ceremony stated:
“The effectiveness and perseverance of Attica Group is confirmed yet again, even in such difficult economic circumstances as we experience in Greece in recent years. In 2015, through our continuous efforts, we have now laid the groundwork for Attica Group’s further growth by expanding its activities to new markets such as the recent venture into the sea routes between Morocco and Europe via the newly established company “AFRICA MOROCCO LINKS” - “AML”.
The driving force of this growth was none other than the Group’s people. Both our crew and our shore employees endeavour every day to guarantee the highest quality in the provided services and their continuous optimisation, building on years of experience in passenger shipping, so that the end product is commensurate with our customers’ expectations and needs.
Attica Group will continue to dynamically invest in growth, aiming always at offering services of the highest quality to our customers and to the destinations we serve, based on our core values:
- Honest, fair and transparent transactions.
- High quality and innovation in the design of ships and the provision of services.
- Growth and operation driven by the principles of healthy competition.
- Merit-based approach to personnel, partner and supplier selection issues.
- Respect to the environment and awareness of environmental issues.
- Credibility, consistency and respect to our customers.
- Emphasis on Corporate Responsibility.”
Attica Group engages in passenger shipping via its subsidiaries SUPERFAST FERRIES and BLUE STAR FERRIES, with a total of 13 ships that provide modern, high quality transportation services in Greece and abroad. ATTICA GROUP is a member of the Marfin Investment Group, the largest Greek business group.
Athens, November 21 2016